21 April 2012

Scott Pilgrim

http://www.scottpilgrim.com/images/wallpaper/sp6.jpg So I attempted to read a few online comics, but I found out right away that I'm not a very large fan of them. I have no idea why, I'd have to think about that more, but instead I decided to watch Scott Pilgrim again.

I've read the whole series and I'm still amazed how well they were able to follow the original comic in the movie that came out a few years ago. When I first heard about Scott Pilgrim I wasn't very interested because I generally turn my head on all manga pieces. There are some exceptions, but most I just don't like. Then one day I actually sat down and read a few pages, and those few pages turned into hundreds more. This is definitely the funniest and weirdest Western take on the manga style. As a character, Scott is relate-able to every 20-something guy that I know; they're all just trying to get by, most are in a band or play an instrument, they're lazy, "between jobs," and constantly playing video games.


http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/197/5/d/SCOTT_PILGRIM_by_captainosaka.jpg

 The thing I love about reading these comics is how I'm basically wearing a perpetual grin on my face the whole time, and I'm constantly laughing out loud and startling people around me. There's just something so appealing about Scott, even though he does have his flaws, he's still endearing.

Plus, I'm very much "one of the guys." I've been known to stay up for hours upon hours when I get hooked on a video game.

No comments:

Post a Comment